Thursday 8 February 2007

Hotel Melia

Its a privilege to be employed by an MNC, though all of my peers complain that our pay aren't the most competitive. Nevertheless, we get to stay in 5 star hotels in KL every now and then. On a recent overnight trip to attend a dinner in Berjaya Times Square, I stayed in Hotel Melia.

The access to Hotel Melia was straight forward, driving from Jalan Kuching.
Parking was a bitch, it was full when I arrived. So parked at the reserved spot.

A colleague of mine told me that apart from Maya, Melia provides free internet connection. Bummer, I thought, since I left my laptop back in Kuantan, sensing that I wouldn't have the time to utilise it. To my surprise, this was what greeted me in my room.There was a bloody PC in the room! But the connection speed was such a turn off. It hanged a couple of times, apart from the crawling speed I was browsing at.

Other parts of the room was standard, nothing impressive. All run of the mill convenience that a 4 star (I'm just guessing that its a 4 star) must have i.e in room iron and iron board, complete set of toiletries, Astro channels (ESPN, Star World).

The plus point for Melia would definitely be its' location. It is situated at the heart of the golden triangle, surrounded by Berjaya Times Square, Low Yat Plaza, BB Plaza and Sungai Wang Plaza. Unfortunately due to time constraint, was not able to capitalise on that. Or rather I couldn't think of anything to get. Also if I enter Low Yat, there's a high possibility that I'll swipe for an iPod, and regretting it 10 minutes later.

So all in all, I'm giving Melia 3 stars.
Pros: Location, oh..love the big switchesCons: Slow internet, slow check out service

Here are other pictures I took while staying there.

3 comments:

adi said...

dang it boy. You're in town?

Simply a Book Review Blog said...

Only for that nite.
The next day back in Kuantan.

ciki engineeR said...

i was forces to stayed at Melia one night after i cannot extend my stay at Berjaya Time Sq hotel. Melia is no fun. the room stinks, literally. the check out n check in service was horrible.

but the location was great indeed. tapi for the same perks, Berjaya Time Sq hotel lagik best. except the TV - they have mitv last time n it has too many indon, filipin stuff on.