Sunday 4 February 2007

6000, shift!

I always tell friends that my 145 is more prone to breakdown if driven slowly. She just loves climbing the revs. Of course the glorious growl of the flat four pots helped further in ensuring a constantly heavy right foot. Being a boxer, she just hates the low revs i.e <4000rpm. She's crawling when driven at those revs, I've been smoked by quite a number of kancil miras, Wiralutions, West Wiras, on traffic lights.

A few months after I got my bella, a friend wanted to test drive it, as he had never driven an Alfa before. So there we were, on the Bukit Setongkol straight, puttering away at cruising speed. 1st gear, ok, 2nd, 3000rpm, shift to 3rd, and 3000rpm, shift to 4th. I can't help but coaxing him to hold the revs longer.

"An Alfa have to be driven hard. Hold at least till 5000rpm, then shift up".

Trusting my words, that was what he did. At the end of it, with a big grin, clearly displaying the adrenaline rush he just had, he summarised the drive.
"Tak penah dalam hidup aku, aku bawa kereta macam ni".

1 comment:

suffian said...

bagi ah aku test drive gak weh.

western conference playoff shall be interesting this year. i think suns, mavs and spurs are equally good for a 7 game series.

as for my t-pups, man, it's just frustrating to see them playing sub 0.500 ball. i'm actually all for tanking the season to join the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant sweepstake in next year draft. our GM (McHale) is a joke man.