Friday 2 March 2007

Ang Pow. Hong Pow. Duit Raya.

Its a new record.
I opened my new years ang pow a week after getting them. Even then, its coz I was running out of cold hard cash. It used to be right after receiving it, I would sneak into my family's default room in Poh Poh's house, to have a peek into who gave how much. Hehe. Cheeky. Who says money can't buy happiness?

My parents instilled good money savings practice. Immediately after getting back home from kampung, my brother, my sister and I would have to open up all the ang pows, in front of my parents, and count the total. Then its to the bank the next day. To our chagrin, all of our Tuanku Abdul Rahman will have to go to our savings account. Since we'll be getting roughly the same amount, there's not much room of siphoning out the ang pow money, for our own use i.e beli cikedis etc. Well those days, the amount was big deal. Now, as Todek remarked, 'duit cukup untuk bayar tol, minyak'. So whats left of my ang pow this year, are the ones in Sing dollars only.

On another note, the usual question popped out from my San Yi. Thats 3rd auntie.
San Yi : When want to get married?
Me : Hehehe.
San Yi : Why laugh?

Its not funny anymore. Geez, and I'm 6th on the seniority list, on my mama's side of family. The horror, the horror.

So yeah, its all good.

4 comments:

niji said...

lol
remember how papa will put in double the amount of duit raya into our accounts?

and i think that's one of the reasons why i dont want to grow up.. the dreaded K/M word. haha. but that's still a few years off

kacheek said...

so, really.. when? hahhaha

Simply a Book Review Blog said...

leen: Remember that. Now days don't get the double anymore. Hehe.

amal: Waiting for you to say yes ;p. Seriously, you'll know it when I ask for your address.

Suhana Sidik said...

You two don't forget to tell me when the big day is :p