Saturday 20 January 2007

Top 3 'Balik Kampung' vehicle

My requirementes for a balik kampung vehicle are:
  • Decent space for my 3 kids to pillow fight at the back
  • Superb handling for zig zagging cross country and b roads
  • Good acceleration off the blocks..for overtaking at emergency lane during traffic jams on the highway
  • Boot space to fill up on ketupat, kuih raya, kuih chang etc that my mom or in law would give
So, on to the list.

1. BMW E39 M5.

It lacks the gizmos and grunt of the E60, but it looks waayy better. None of the Bangle influenced styling. Of course its a V8 with 400bhp.







2. Volvo XC90 T6.

Built like a tank, but drives like a rocket.Well..not exactly. But man..being tailgated by a XC90 must be scary.





3. Alfa Romeo 164 3.0
I had to put an Alfa in, so for a decent sized sedan, it has to be the classic 164. V6, those beautiful chrome intake manifolds, and the zinging tune of the V6. I'll switch off my radio and teach my kids to hum the glorious tune of the 3.0 V6

No comments: